- Technical and disciplinary head of various departments with about 70 employees and various subcontractors
- Interim Project Director position to resolve main problems on site
- Lump sum turnkey project
- Woodyard: New hardwood chipping line
- Fibre line: Installation of a new digester plant that will consist of 6 new batch digesters and a new bleach plant
- Digester: Modification of digester 2.
- Pulp Drying: No.3 Uptake Machine will be modified to be able to successfully run with chemical cellulose pulp. A new broke tower will be installed, the cleaner system upgraded and demin water shower to improve pulp cleanliness. The existing dryer will be replaced with a new dryer.
- Evaporation: The evaporation plant will be modified to cope with the increased WBL generated by the digesters.
- Recovery Boiler: Existing No.2 CRF will be upgraded to be able to steam at higher rates. A new Chloride removal system will be installed.
- Balance of Plant: New interconnecting piping and pipe bridges between the existing and new plant. Expansion of the Mill’s compressed air system. Installation of a new demineralized water plant to meet the high quality water demand of No.3 Uptake Machine. Installation of a new Chlorine Dioxide Plant to cope with the new Bleaching sequence
- Knowledge of FIDIC general conditions
- All major issues resolved. Project back on track. Budget within specified parameters.